Re: [Exim] listening and sending on another ip on the box

Author: Tabor J. Wells
To: Andrew Duxorth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] listening and sending on another ip on the box
On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 06:00:39PM +0930,
Andrew Duxorth <awd@???> is thought to have said:

> Hi there,
> I would like to say that exim is unreal.
> love the filtering side of it (we actually didn't even see the I love u
> virus) but it was good to know that it wasn't coming through (can I also
> make a suggestion, which is make the site searchable with htdig or
> something hint hint :)
> anyway my question is this.
> is it possible to specify the smtp listening IP and sending IP. we have a
> box that has a couple of IPs on it
> and I would rather not use the primary ip for either SMTP in or out.
> is this possible?
> cya
> Andrew

You can use "local_interfaces" for the interfaces Exim is supposed to
listen on. Use the "interface" option in your SMTP transport for sending.

See the specification for details.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality