Re: [Exim] Routing Some Mail To Another Machine

Autor: michael
A: brock, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Routing Some Mail To Another Machine
> We have a central mailserver, which most of our users download mail from
> using POP3. However, some users now wish to start using Exchange. For
> these users, I need to tell Exim to route their mail along to the
> Exchange machine. I can see this would probably involve some sort of
> 'smarthost' configuration, but how would I bind that to the particular
> set of users who need to use this, without disrupting the rest?

Same here. Since the majority of people uses Exchange, I have various
aliases and POP3 accounts and route all other adresses to the Exchange
server by what qmail would call a smtp route.

Simply use a director for pop3 mailboxes and another one to route
anything else to the Exchange server. It took our NT admin a while to
configure Exchange to deliver mail to its own mailboxes, bounce mails
to nonexistant adresses and yet all mail from Exchange users to POP3
mailboxes finds to me, but it is possible. I think the latter is done
by having all Exchange users sending mail by SMTP via my system, but
I have no clue about Windows stuff. ;)

Michael