[Exim] changing privs to user problem (3.14)

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Phil Pennock
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] changing privs to user problem (3.14)
Hi,

I've read the FAQ and used the example there (A0410). This is with Exim
3.14 which AFAIK is current. I've glanced through the archives, but
couldn't see something and couldn't find a search option. I've even
asked a regular user of the list if he's seen something mentioned on
this but he has no recollection of anything. So, I guess that maybe
it's a possibility that this is perhaps relevant. ;^)

I've finally gotten around to trying to migrate my box from sendmail to
exim.

I want to be able to use .procmail files which aren't world-readable.

According to the FAQ (Q/A0410) you can force setting to a user with:
-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------
procmail:
driver = localuser
require_files = ${local_part}:${home}/.procmailrc
transport = procmail_pipe
-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------

I have a transport:
procmail_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/local/bin/procmail -d ${local_part}"
from_hack

and a director:
procmail:
driver = localuser
require_files = ${local_part}:+${home}/.procmailrc
transport = procmail_pipe
no_expn
no_verify

This problem occurs without those extra options too. And without the
'+' which I added to try and verify that everything else was working.

When I run "exim -d9 -bt phil@???" it all works, and the lines
from the output are:
-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------
calling procmail director
require_files = phil:+/home/phil/.procmailrc
require files uid=0 gid=100 euid=1000 egid=100
test existence of /home/phil/.procmailrc
required present, EACCES => absent
Undefined error: 0
restored uid=0 gid=100 euid=16 egid=16
queued for procmail_pipe transport: local_part=phil domain=globnix.org
domain_data=NULL local_part_data=NULL
procmail director succeeded for phil
-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------

However, when I try remotely, there's a problem. Testing the
configuration with "exim -d9 -bh 127.0.0.1 -bt phil@???" I get:
-----------------------------< cut here >-------------------------------
calling procmail director
require_files = phil:+/home/phil/.procmailrc
require files uid=16 gid=16 euid=16 egid=16
test existence of /home/phil/.procmailrc
required present, EACCES => absent
Permission denied
restored uid=16 gid=16 euid=16 egid=16
procmail director skipped: file existence failure

In fact, I can see that at the top, it's done:
Address testing: uid=16 gid=16 euid=16 egid=16

Help! What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
--
HTML email - just say no --> Phil Pennock
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.