Re: [Exim] Another wacky question

Author: Dave C.
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Another wacky question

I will note that I tried the idea I described (set it local, and use
the director to send it to an SMTP transport), and it works as desired.

Yet another one of the cool things about exim - more than one way to
accomplish the same task.

I've had an idea sort of rolling around in my head, which I'm wondering
if anyone else thinks would be a good idea for Phil to consider when he
goes to writing pre-release exim v4.00. Its a sort of major change, but
I think it might simplify some things:

Collapse directors and routers into one concept (and choose some
appropriate 'unified' name for them). All drivers and options that were
originally one or the other would be available.

One could use something like:

domains = $local_domains

to specify a an item which would only work on local domains, and extend
the syntax ala host-lists (if it isnt already) to allow

domains = ! $local_domains

to specify an item which would work only on non-local domains.

default would be UNSET....