Re: [Exim] Error message

Author: The Flying Hamster
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Error message
On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 12:00:24PM -0500, Jack Elliston wrote:
> The message in question has been hung for 49 days and the output of exiwhat
> doesn't have a process working on that message.
>
> Thanks for the idea, what else should I try. I have several old messages
> like this.

I had something similar which was causing a slow bloat in the number
of queue runner processes on one of my mail relays. The messages in
question were opening tcp connections but hanging and for some reason
the default timeout wasn't.

I fiddled the timeout settings

# Drop the connection after 10 minutes if nothing is recieved
smtp_receive_timeout = 10m

and

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp