Re: [Exim] Implementing procmail

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jim Knoble
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim User
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Implementing procmail
First, the procmail recipe Paul is referring to is called (depending on
whom you ask) either "html-trap" or "the 'Enhancing E-Mail Security
with Procmail' recipe", by John Hardin. It's available at:

http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/procmail-security.html

The latest revision is 1.104, dated 2000-05-10. Html-trap works fine
alongside the SpamBouncer, another fine procmail recipe, from Catherine
Hampton. It's at:

http://www.spambouncer.org/

Next, the answer to Paul's question. (This is probably a FAQ;
nevertheless, since it's easier for me to find the answer in my
/etc/exim/exim.conf than to look in the FAQ, today is someone's lucky
day...).

This is for exim-3.14, on my local dial-up machine. In the transports
section of exim.conf, i have:

  # First transport:  Something resembling the default local
  #                   delivery transport.
  local_delivery:
    driver = appendfile
    # Yada-yada-yada...

  # Second transport:  Where procmail happens.  Be *sure* you
  #                    understand the various freeze, log, and
  #                    return options; they may not do what you
  #                    want or expect.
  procmail_pipe:
    driver = pipe
    command = "/usr/bin/procmail -d ${local_part}"
    delivery_date_add = true
    envelope_to_add = true
    freeze_exec_fail = false
    group = mail
    log_defer_output = false
    log_fail_output = false
    log_output = false
    return_fail_output = false
    return_output = false
    return_path_add = true
    umask = 0022

The procmail_pipe transport runs procmail as a delivery agent for each
user.

Next, in the directors section, i have:

  # First director:  The regular /etc/aliases stuff.
  system_aliases:
    driver = aliasfile
    # blah, blah, blah ...

  # Second director:  The regular .forward stuff.
  userforward:
    driver = forwardfile
    # etc., etc.

  # Third transport:  Aaah, this is what you were waiting for.
  localuser:
    driver = localuser
    #transport = local_delivery
    transport = procmail_pipe

Note how the default local transport is commented out, and the
procmail_pipe transport is used as the default transport.

I'm fairly certain it's possible to set up procmail in ~/.forward
according to the procmail(1) manual page, but i never bothered to
figure out how to do that when it was this easy in exim.

Disclaimer: IANAEE (I am not an exim expert). IWFM (it works for me).

--
jim knoble | jmknoble@??? | http://www.jmknoble.cx/