Re: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection - filter attached (…

Author: Jason
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Generic VBS script detection - filter attached (fwd)
Pegasus actually doesn't open the file until you actually tell it to
open the attachment

When you open an infected message, it reads the message
through, and creates a windowed view, with the first message in a
display box, with the rest of the messages displayed as links at
the bottom, if you double click on these links it runs the default
behaviour in the registry, or you have an option to Save, Save and
Edit or View

This saves some headache. Though there are changes I wish
would be available. But that's me

Jason

On 9 May 2000, at 13:25, I. Forbes wrote:

> Hello Nigel
>
> On 9 May 00, at 9:41, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>
> > iforbes@??? said:
> > > I think that there is a bug in this filter. I sent an attached VB
> > > script with "Pegasus Mail" and it went straight through. (I am
> > > not sure of Pegasus could be used by VB to send mail via Mappi
> > > ... but it may be worth sorting this out).

> > I don't propose to fix that - currently I don't see how that can be
> > executable.
>
> You are correct.
>
> > If that message is received by a pegasus or other MUA does the
> > part show as an attachment (or an inline text/plain),
>
> It shows it as an attachement.
>
> > and does double-clicking (or whatever) the attachment execute it as
> > VBS?
>
> No. Pegasus has an option to "view" an attachment which
> "launches an application to view the file". On this attachement it
> launches the Notepad editor.

> Ian Forbes ZSD http://www.zsd.co.za Office: +27 +21 683-1388 Fax: +27
> +21 64-1106 Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa

---
Jason Robertson
Network Analyst
jason@???