Re: [Exim] logwrite in system filter

Author: Jeffrey Goldberg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] logwrite in system filter
On Fri, 5 May 2000, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> I am having problems with logwrite
>
> I have a system filter which currently looks like this

> # Exim filter
>
> logfile /var/spool/exim/log/filter_log
>
> if (first_delivery and not error_message and $message_size is above 6k)
> then
>  if ($h_subject: IS ILOVEYOU) then
>            freeze  text "Suspected ILOVEYOU virus"
>            logwrite "$tod_log $message_id \
>               $sender_address ($sender_host_name[$sender_host_address]) \
>               => $recipients (recipients=$recipients_count) \
>               subject=\"$header_subject\" \
>                reason=Suspected ILOVEYOU virus"
>  elif

> [...] nothing was written to the filter log, and the messages that had
> been frozen this way were not showing up on the queue (at least not
> via eximon).

Solved. the freeze occured before the logwrite. If I put the freeze
after the logwrite all is ok.

I see no mention of this in the manaul. It probably would be a good idea
to flag this some place. This is version 3.13

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814