Re: [Exim] LMTP

Author: Ken Bailey
To: sys044
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] LMTP
sys044@??? wrote ...

>I think I remember some reference to LMTP being available in EXIM for
>delivering mail, instead of SMTP, for local mail servers. However on
>searching for information I cannot find anything.
>
>Is it supported? How is it used? Which port does it use? Where is the
>documentation (page number).

It was discussed a while back but AFAIK it is only on the wishlist

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/NewWishList

    (79) 19-Feb-99  L  Support for LMTP
    Daniel Smith <dks@???>

    See RFC 2033. This would be for local delivery to some
    process, not for use for incoming mail.

Ken
--
# Ken Bailey, Computer Section,   #    Email: K.Bailey@??? #
# The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, #      Tel: +44 (0)20 8332 5729    #