Re: [Exim] message_body efficiency hack

Author: Dr Yann Golanski
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] message_body efficiency hack
On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 02:27:51PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> The bigger file will cause a marginal (I think) cost of read on all
> message processing, the advantage of this being that in the majority of
> cases it will not cost an extra read should you use message_body
> anywhere.

It will cause a loss of performance, I think. However, depending on the
size of message_body it might be worth it.

It's realy hard to say, but remember that Exim is very IO limited and as
such bigger header files are bad. However, I think it is worth
investigating.

A potential problem is that the header lines might be passed along with
the messages, which you obviouslky don't want ;>

Setting this as an compil time option is good as well.

> Thoughts?

Hope that helps.

--
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer
PGP: www.kierun.org/pgp/key                 Mailmaster for the Planet Online