[Exim] Customising error messages

Author: John Bleasdale
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Customising error messages
I would like to be able to customise the text of the message users receive
if they send an oversized message via my Exim server.

I have been through the online Exim specification information ("Customizing
error and warning messages" and "Customizing prohibition messages" sections)
and I can't find an explanation of how to do quite what I am after.

In particular, I have message_size_limit set to around 4Mb and expect this
to be regularly broken by my users or people posting to my users. As these
users will mostly be children, I would like to offer them an explanation
with wording other than the default "A message that you sent was longer than
the maximum size allowed on this system. It was not delivered to any
recipients."

Any pointers on how to do this would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,
John

John Bleasdale
jbleasdale@???