[Exim] Exim client configuration question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Duncan Bennett
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Exim client configuration question
At the moment we have workstations with minimal sendmail installations
(no daemon running) that simply pass messages to the mailhost. The
mailhost runs exim, does the clever stuff, and sends the message out. I
would like to replace sendmail on the workstations with similarly
minimal exim installations.

I've experimented with a cut down configuration file and almost have what
I need. The problem is that I can't see how to make exim (on the client)
send the message immediately to the mailhost. It seems always to spool the
message until I run the queue. Ideally I would only want it to spool the
message if it were unable to contact the mailhost. Is there something very
obvious I'm missing?

Further, is anyone is doing this already, I'd be very grateful for a peek
at a client's configuration file to compare against my hacked about
version...

Many thanks.

Duncan Bennett
MRC Biostatistics Unit