RE: [Exim] Exim vs qmail and others.

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Chan Cao
A: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Exim vs qmail and others.
Other people are more advanced and can answer you better. If you
can use my 2 cent, here're my comments:

You could try to set up /etc/hosts lookup instead of DNS to avoid
a problem mentioned earlier. And also set an unthaw interval
long enough to accomodate the period between "line ups" or just
set up a cron to do exim -q whenever the line is up. I guess that
could work.

I think you need to look at sendmail. There's a field tech note
on how to write sendmail rules. You should figure out how to debug
a sendmail session, passing an address to be parsed to various rule
sets. And finally, learn how to build sendmail.cf using M4.

And know the various mailers being used by Sendmail. I think that's
how you learn an MTA.

After that, the transition to Exim is easier.

For me, it was easier to get started on Sendmail. Then it got
harder to do any custom configuration. It was time to dump sendmail
for exim.

Chan