Re: [Exim] Size limits and aliases

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Watson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Size limits and aliases
On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, David Watson wrote:

>    I've set a limit on the size of emails that I receive, is there any way to
> notify the local user who would have received the mail that the mail has
> not reached them?

No, because the rejection happens as the message is being received by
your host, so it never actually arrives on your system. If you want to
do this, you must accept messages of any size, and then reject them in a
system filter, in which you could also arrange to notify the recipients.

>    To phazel@??? is rewritten to Philip.Hazel@???
> this is then looked up in the alias file and may point to a remote address,
> but also may point to the local user phazel.

Use a rewriting rule. This operates when the message is received.