Re: [Exim] can't send mail

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: learning user
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] can't send mail
--- Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:

> That is a seriously old version of exim. Config files
> changed incompatibly at version 3.0. Other comments you
> make show that you are using documentation for a 3.x
> ersion, so you need to use the appropriate documentation
> for the version you are running [copies of multiple
> versions of documentation are on the website in HTML,
> probably don't have the other formats].

I looked on the web site before posting, but on my machine
I do have the 2.00 doc dated July 1998.

> Thats basically the right option. Did you HUP or restart
> the exim process? Is it still being rejected on relay
> rules, or something else such as unverifiable sender
> address or broken headers (if you have the header checks
> on)?

The installation program set it up to run out of inetd.conf
(I wouldn't have thought of that, but for a dialup pc, I
suppose it could work).

The exact error message says:

Sending failed
a SMTP error occurred
Command RCPT
Response 550 relaying to <destination user> prohibited by
administrator
Return code 550

And the rejectlog says:

timestamp refused relay (host reject) to <destination user>
from <origination user> H=localhost (hostname) [127.0.0.1]
(username)