Re: [Exim] another kind of filter

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Galbavy
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] another kind of filter
> Personally if my ISP did that I would very rapidly tell them where to
> stick their advertising.

Agreed, but in this world of growing numbers of free services (the the user)
the business usually wants something back. This is the wrong way to do it,
but when has that ever stopped anyone ?

> Incidently, if one of the ISPs customers produced something that was
> (say) legally persuable, would there then be a case for suing the ISP
> (much better target - more moeny), because the message as received by
> the recipient was generated by the ISP and not the original customer???

Only if it can be shown that the action was selective, at least it seems
that way in England.

My personal suggestion would be to add an X-MyISPIS: type header, and just
use headers_add. This may not get seen, but it is close enough the the
expected response to a footer.

This is going way off topic, but given the international nature of e-mail,
isn;t this sort of thing completely untargetted, and hence a waste ?

Peter