Re: [Exim] another kind of filter

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Diego Delgado Lages
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] another kind of filter
lages@??? said:
> He wants that everytime a user sends an e-mail from the ISP, every
> message should have a footer like:

> "Come to our ISP, and so on...."

> How can I do it using Exim? Is it possible?

You can do it - you need a transport filter.
However you are likely to break things - MIME for example (although it
general that won't break - its just people wouldn't see it at all so
its useless), or digitally signed messages.

Personally if my ISP did that I would very rapidly tell them where to
stick their advertising.

Mail systems are for the transport of messages intact from sender to
recipient, not for the addition of advertising to all throughput.

Incidently, if one of the ISPs customers produced something that was
(say) legally persuable, would there then be a case for suing the ISP
(much better target - more moeny), because the message as received by
the recipient was generated by the ISP and not the original customer???

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]