著者: Ben Smithurst
To: Jason Leach
CC: exim-users
題目: [Exim] Re: Exim w. FreeBDS
Jason Leach wrote:

> I just moved from Linux to FreeBDS to test it. We may set it up as a gateway rather than linux, but taht`s another story.
>
> I have sendmail on it now, but woud like to move to Exim.
>
> Does anyone know of a package or some resources on the best way to do this.

I assume you mean FreeBSD... Anyway, a good start is

# cd /usr/ports/mail/exim; make install clean

What you do from there depends on what version of FreeBSD you're
using. If you're using FreeBSD 4, edit /etc/mail/mailer.conf (just
replace the sendmail path with the Exim path). If you're using an
earlier version you'll have to replace the sendmail programs (sendmail,
newaliases, mailq, etc) with links to the Exim program. Also put
sendmail_enable="NO" in /etc/rc.conf.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@??? / PGP: 0x99392F7D