Re: [Exim] When should exim send mails back?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Sven Callender
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] When should exim send mails back?

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Sven Callender wrote:
>
> > we have got exim running on a few Machines here and now we have got the
> > problem that some Mails hang in the queue for ever they don't get send
> > back nor is it possible to send them on.
>
> What happens when you run a delivery like this:
>
> exim -d9 -M <message id of one of the failing messages>

As it gmx has more than one mx and exim tries them all it got rather long
so i send it to Philip and here I'll write the short form:
It tries all the gmx-mxes and then (upon error from gmx) sends the mail
back to its origin.
This is what we do here at the moment, we manualy start an delivery
attempt for all those Mails with exim -M <list of ids> to get the queue
clean.

> > What happens after these times?
> > As far as I understand nothing until the next queue run takes it and
> > notices that it has timed out and sends it back, right?
>
> Yes, that is what should happen.

First to this:

At the moment there is a Mail in the queue to someone@???.
It has been there since 2000-04-12 22:49 as we can see here:

---
2000-04-12 22:49:11 SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<someone@???>: host mx0.gmx.net [194.221.183.87]: 452
<someone>... The users mailbox is full
2000-04-12 22:49:12 SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
TO:<someone@???>: host mx0.gmx.net [194.221.183.68]: 452
<someone>... The users mailbox is full
---

The last check exim did was here:

---
2000-04-13 21:11:03 someone@???: remote_smtp transport deferred: SMTP
error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<someone@???>: host mx8.gmx.net
[194.221.183.88]: 452 <someone>... The users mailbox is full
2000-04-13 21:11:04 someone@???: routing deferred: retry time not
reached
---

Since then all there is is the same "someone@???: routing deferred:
retry time not reached" message until here:

---
2000-04-14 07:07:46 someone@???: routing deferred: retry time not
reached
2000-04-14 07:07:30 someone@???: routing deferred: retry time not
reached
---

it ends.

What I just see now is that in a normal queue run they get this message:
---
15:40:34 12fU4U-0000Yw-01 == someone@??? routing defer (-42): retry
time not reached
---

while others get this:

---
15:41:19 12fraR-00022m-00 == someone@??? T=remote_smtp defer
(-44): retry time not reached
---

I mean the -42 instead of -44.

> > The problem that we have is that some messages sit here for days and
> > get the "remote_smtp transport deferred: retry time not reached for any
> > host" message in their logs but they don't get send back.
>
> Hmm. That shouldn't happen. Which version of Exim?

venus:/usr/exim/bin # ./exim -bV
Exim version 3.12 #2 built 18-Jan-2000
16:07:02 Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 1999>
venus:/usr/exim/bin #

> There is one change in the latest release (3.14) that might help, but
> even in older releases, messages shouldn't stick for ever.

Cu,
Sven