Re: [Exim] When should exim send mails back?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sven Callender
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] When should exim send mails back?
On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Sven Callender wrote:

> we have got exim running on a few Machines here and now we have got the
> problem that some Mails hang in the queue for ever they don't get send
> back nor is it possible to send them on.

What happens when you run a delivery like this:

exim -d9 -M <message id of one of the failing messages>

> What happens after these times?
> As far as I understand nothing until the next queue run takes it and
> notices that it has timed out and sends it back, right?

Yes, that is what should happen.

> The problem that we have is that some messages sit here for days and
> get the "remote_smtp transport deferred: retry time not reached for any
> host" message in their logs but they don't get send back.

Hmm. That shouldn't happen. Which version of Exim?

There is one change in the latest release (3.14) that might help, but
even in older releases, messages shouldn't stick for ever.