Re: [Exim] A router entry request

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Doug S
A: admin
Cc: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] A router entry request
Thou sayest:

>I have read Q0320 and it's answer in the FAQ regarding blocking
>all email being sent from the 'nobody' account on a virtual server.
>The answer states that I need to set up a router with
>senders=nobody@??? which routes all mail to a local
>transport that delivers it to /dev/null.
>
>The problem I am trying to solve is that there are many accounts
>on my server running various scripts and it seems that there are

As in CGI scripts ?

>some sending out emails from 'nobody@???' and I get

I would suspect that the web server is running as user 'nobody', which
sets the userid used in the mail that the script generates (my web server
runs as userid 'webserv' and FormMail mails come from that ID).

>multiple complaints each day about these messages. I have searched
>for the offending scripts and have been unsuccessful so far.
>This router seems to be the way to stop this behavior until I can
>determine the root cause.

I'll leave this for more experienced exim users than I am, but
hopefully this note helps you identify where the mail is coming from.

>Also - (probably a stupid newbie question) - will I need to compile the
>program after making this change or will it be effective by restarting Exim?

Change the config file, restart exim. no recompile necessary.

--
Doug S. (doug@???) (http://cc.ysu.edu/~doug/)

The shadow of a dog never bit anyone -- Kenneth Copeland