Re: [Exim] Very large mailing lists (Exim vs Isocor)

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Vadim Vygonets
To: sl
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Very large mailing lists (Exim vs Isocor)
Quoth Stuart Lynne on Mon, Apr 10, 2000:
> We recently put a small exim server together for a commercial mailing list
> that sends out batches of messages two to three times a day. Up to 50,000
> messages at a time and they wanted them delivered in less than an hour.

> Exim managed to deliver over 90% in about 15 minutes on one server.

Great. A friend of mine was now asked to put together a similar
mailserver. I would really appreciate if you post the hardware
configuration of that machine.

> We did
> use a few tricks. For example limiting the number of recipients to about 500
> per message etc. And sorting so that all messages to the same domain where
> delivered once (big win for hotmail and aol etc).

He won't need this -- he needs only to deliver a couple of tens
of tousands messages, each for one user. No, it's not spam.

Thanks,
Vadik.

--
Sauron is alive in Argentina!