Re: [Exim] $(MAKE_SHELL): not found

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Adrian Phillips
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Tim, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] $(MAKE_SHELL): not found

    Philip> On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Tim wrote:
    >> Hello All, I finally figured out how to finish unpacking Exim
    >> 3.13 on my AIX 4.3.2 machine, but now during the "make" I get
    >> the above error.  I have properly configured the Makefile to
    >> point at /usr/bin/bsh, but to no
    Philip>
    Philip> ^^^ ^^^ Is this some new shell I have never heard of, or
    Philip> is it a typo for /usr/bin/bash or maybe /usr/bin/ksh?

That is bourne shell under AIX. ksh is the "standard" sh but has in
some cases caused some problems, either due to software authors
assumptions about shell or, more likely, korn shell breakage.

    >> avail.  Any ideas here?  Again I apologize for the dumb
    >> questions, but I am actually a Novell engineer and still trying
    >> to figure out this Unix thing.

    Philip> Mindset swaps are hard!

    Philip> There are people using Exim on AIX, but they are
    Philip> relatively few (I have no access to AIX, for example) so
    Philip> you have the opportunity to become the AIX/Exim expert if
    Philip> you want... :-)

My suggestion is to install as many GNU packages as possible - bull
has a site which has AIX "packaged" make/gcc/tar/gzip etc. which can
make life much easier (or harder in some cases :-). Sorry, I don't
have the link at home if you (Tim) email me at work
(a.phillips@???) I'll let you know. Alternatively, do a search for
bull/aix/make at one of the search sites will probably get you there.

Note, although I have exim running under AIX, its 4.2.1 and I'm
phasing out AIX for Linux at work; AIX is too much work to maintain
these days; well at least in comparison to Linux.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips