[Exim] Removing messages with stale locks

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marilyn Davis
To: Philip Hazel
CC: development, exim-users, clint.davis
Alte Treads: Re: [Exim] 3.13 build -- crypt library???
Betreff: [Exim] Removing messages with stale locks
Hi again.

Before I bring in the new exim executable, I want to remove the
messages in my queue with stale locks. But when I give the exim -Mrm
command on them, I just get the message that they are locked.

I knew that! :^)

Can you tell me how to get rid of them? I want to be sure those old
messages don't go out to my lists again.

I still have old hung processes that probably point to those stale
locks and are probably waiting for the modem before the last recycle
or something -- if that helps.

I don't see this in the FAQ or the documentation. Searching the
archives of this list takes too much patience for me because I don't
see a search facility for it. Please tell me if I'm missing something
there.

I'm wondering why the default value of "lockfile_timeout" doesn't
kick in. The locks are almost a month old!

Thanks for all this help. It's so great to have expert help with exim.
With sendmail, we were in a can of worms in a closet in the dark all
alone.

Marilyn Davis, Ph.D.
eVote - online polling software for email lists
http://www.deliberate.com
marilyn@???
+1 650 965-7121  (USA)