Re: [Exim] Bounce based on MX record

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: michael
To: chaser, ph10
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Bounce based on MX record
> > Is there any way to deny or bounce mail sent to a domain whose MX record
> > points to 127.0.0.1? Here's an infamous example:
>
> People who do that are either sick or crazy.
>
> You could put
>
> self = fail_hard
>
> on the router. I think that should do it.

But then mails to domains where I am best preference MX without having
them configured as local domain would also bounce instead of getting
frozen. Personally, I like such mails to get frozen for correcting the
mistake later. Just mail with an MX that resolves to 127.0.0.1 should
be refused.

Yes, it's sick and crazy, but such MX records are getting very popular
lately. How about an option in Exim that ignores such MX records like
records that do not resolve are ignored?

Michael