Re: [Exim] What user on startup?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Niels Ott
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] What user on startup?
Philip Hazel wrote:
> > I use the functions within SMTP AUTH, this is configured somewhere in
> > the auth-section. (I don't have my config with me on my laptop ;-)
>
> Exim will be running as "exim" at that point, if you have configured an
> Exim user.

I got it up running now, there was some problem with the groups Exim
belongs to. In fact, I added the user exim to a group called shadow
which had access to /etc/shadow. Soon I figured out that this didn't
help because Exim can only files that belong to his primary group and
this ist the group that must be given in the Makefile, too.

Big thanks go to ph10 and to my LUG in Tuebingen.

Exim is great, big thanks also to all you developers that help making
the students in my school happy again because they soon will have a new
MTA that works really well.

Yours,
Niels

--
Tötet keine Vögel! Wir vögeln ja auch keine Toten.
-> http://www.tomix.de/niels/