Re: [Exim] how to prevent mail loops if exim is relief MTA f…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] how to prevent mail loops if exim is relief MTA for a broken sendmail
On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:27:31 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I don't quite understand what the docs say about
>> hosts_treat_as_local and allow_localhost.
>
>    "If this option is set, any host names that match the domain list are
>    treated as if they were the local host when Exim is scanning host lists
>    obtained from MX records,"

>Isn't that exactly what you want? You look up MX and get
>
>    client host = primary
>    S = secondary

>but if client is down, you don't want to send to S. If it were the local
>host you wouldn't. So treating it as local does the trick.

I didn't understand the explanation from the docs, but I understood
your example.

>You don't need allow_localhost unless you want to do any deliveries to
>S.

There are certain domains that are delivered to POP3 mailboxes on S.
So I need to actually deliver e-mail to S for certain domains.
Probably, I'd need a special router for these domains that sets
messages to these domains up for a special instance of the smtp
transport. Right?

Greetings
Marc