Re: [Exim] Re: Prohibition message/DNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Kai Henningsen
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Prohibition message/DNS
lk-m-exim@??? (Lorens Kockum) wrote on 14.03.00 in <20000314115857.K24668@???>:

> On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 10:38:59AM -0000, Paul Walsh wrote:
> > >
> >     Perhaps we should point such people in the direction of  makezones
> > (by coincidence also written by Philip Hazel and available from Cambridge)
> > which happily generates coherent forward and reverse zone files.  I
> > remember when I first got involved with DNS how much of a pain it was
> > keeping forward/reverse zones consistent - until I found makezones.

> There is also h2n, the original beast that is described in
> the grasshopper book. makezones is probably better (I use m4
> myself), but you can't admin the DNS of an major ISP without
> even knowing about things like that. (By major I mean an
> assigned number registrar, administering at least one /18
> subdivided in whois, routing seven autonomous systems ...)

I wouldn't want to admin our ~100 customers in westfalen.de without
generating DNS zone files (and exim configs, and lots of other stuff) from
a database.

Given that, consistent forward and reverse resolution is pretty much
trivial.

The idea of having DNS zone files as primary data sources in such a
situation is ... umm ... let's just say keep it away from me, please.

MfG Kai