Re: [Exim] Prohibition message

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Prohibition message
Quoth Lorens Kockum on Tue, Mar 14, 2000:
> On exim-users dcinege@??? wrote:
> >It is anal retentive
>
> Your problem.

A True BOFH Has Spoken.

> >and I believe a violation of RFC to do this.
>
> No. You can refuse mail for any reason you choose, including
> the phase of the moon and the price of water in Alaska relative
> to the price of sand in the Sahara.

I would not divide by zero if I were you.

> Refusing mail because the
> sending host refuses to be identified is a better reason than
> most.

Better than ones you stated anyway ;)

> I recently got a permanent IP address for personal use, and my
> contact who didn't know what rDNS was said uh, no, they can't do
> that, it costs money, they have to go to RIPE (European ARIN).

Nuke them. Please.

> It was bunk, of course, since they provided rDNS for other
> addresses in the same class C. I dug(!) up the NS, determined
> the machine type, and told them that on $MACHINE, in a file very
> probably named $DIR/$FILE, you add $LINE, and then you kill -HUP
> named.

There's also RFC2317 (a.k.a. BCP20), _Classless IN-ADDR.ARPA
delegation_, which deals with implementation of reverse DNS
delegation to clients who have less than class C.

> "They" apparently said "ooh, is it that simple", and did it.

If you're against nuking them, give them a present. O'Reilly DNS
books. And several RFCs, printed.

Vadik.

--
If you think C++ is not overly complicated, just what is a protected
abstract virtual base pure virtual private destructor, and when