Re: [Exim] one more "(<>)" question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: robert rotman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] one more "(<>)" question
On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, robert rotman wrote:

> what's the disadvantage disallowing empty senders expect that it isn't
> allowd in the RFC's.

Assuming you are talking about not accepting messages with empty
senders:

You don't get any bounce messages. If one of your users sends out a
message that cannot be delivered by some remote MTA, they never get to
hear about it because you've refused the bounce message. Your users will
then complain that your mail system is lousy. If the manager of the
remote MTA is on the ball, she complains to you that you aren't
compliant with the RFCs. (I certainly make that complaint fairly
regularly.) If this persists, she may decide just to block your host, to
save her having to deal with stuck bounces. (I've never yet had to
resort to this.)