Re: [Exim] trashing self messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] trashing self messages
ph10@??? said:
> It would be hard to define what is "right" in environments where
> people have several different addresses (e.g. a.person@??? and
> ap@???).

If this was done, then my approach would be (assuming this is possible)
to run the sender address through the directors and mark all the
addresses that come out the bottom of that as already delivered. It
then punts the issue of addressing to the administrator ensuring that
all of Fred's address sets deliver to one place... and if he sends from
an address that would resolve to a different delivery point then he
will get an extra copy (in this case).

Off hand I have no idea of how easy it would be to drive this through
exim.

[but I still think its not a feature worth dealing with - sell the
current behaviour as an advantage - look you can see that your message
did get to the group, and if you use filtering into mailfolders on
receipt then your messages are neatly filed with others to that group.
Or just use a news server or other discussion board system]

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]