Re: [Exim] Angry users because we use rbl_domains

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ian D Crorie
To: Daniel Buchholz, exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] Angry users because we use rbl_domains
[Daniel]
> Hey Folks!
>
> We provide mail service for our customers.
>
> Does anyone have some new idea how to explain to them why we have
> rbl_domains set?
> Seems as if they are considering to look for a new provider because they
> can't receive mail from THEIR customers because the sending systems appear
> in the ORBS database.
>
> I tried everything that came to my mind to explain the functionality and
> advantages to them.
> I told them that OTHER systems have the problem, not OURS.
> The customer considered this to be censorship.
>
> Any ideas? Experience?

Ask them if they'd mind having a few hundred thousand messages go
out with a From line forged to be a valid user at their site. They
have to cope with a not neglible percentage of these being bounced
to them as well as angry messages from users who can't interpret
the Received headers.

It has happened to us. It isn't fun.

Not on topic, I know, but this last week has seen a fair bit of spam
sent through open relays with forged From lines like:

    43Whq7JUn@???

At least the spammers seem to keep the numbers down for each forged
site (they rotate from a large list I guess) as well as trying to
choose mailbox names that don't exist. I suppose we should be
grateful (*sigh*).

---
"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, murder,
and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and
the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love; they had
five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did that produce?
The cuckoo clock. -- Orson Welles to Joseph Cotton in The Third Man