Re: [Exim] Angry users because we use rbl_domains

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Lorens Kockum
To: exim-users
CC:
題目: Re: [Exim] Angry users because we use rbl_domains
On exim-users G.E.Fowler@??? wrote:
>On 08-Mar-2000 Daniel Buchholz wrote:
>> Does anyone have some new idea how to explain to them why we have
>> rbl_domains set?

[..]
>> The customer considered this to be censorship.
>
>Best idea - switch it off conditionally for the complainants, and watch
>them grimace as the volume of spam they receive increases exponentially.

Agreed.

It shouldn't be too hard either (but I've never looked to do it)
to add a custom header to mail that would have been refused.

That way the customer can measure the impact, and/or do
post-filtering himself.

This is what I recommend to everyone that receives mail for
other people that have not specified a preference ; after all
you're not in the business of filtering e-mail per se, you're in
the business of providing what your customers want/are willing
to pay/stay for.

I don't suppose handling the volume of spam your customer might
receive would cost you more than losing the customer.