[Exim] Re: What type of resource is unavailable ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: mark david mcCreary
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: What type of resource is unavailable ?
Would somebody please confirm/reject my guess that the computer is out of
memory, based on this error message in exim_paniclog

Thanks for all the input to my question.

I went ahead and added more memory, and also recompiled the kernel to allow
more processes. It was set at 512 by default, and I bumped it up to 4000,
which is near the allowable limit.

I changed /usr/src/linux/include/linux/tasks.h

    nr_tasks  = 4000

I had forgotten to mention that this is an intermittent problem, only
occuring at peak times. So I will wait and see if it happens again.

I think what happens is that when I have lots of messages queued up, and a
connection is opened to a mail host, other messages to the same mail host
are also sent down the same connection, but it spins off another task to
accomplish this.

I now think that the problem was with number of processes, not memory.

Thanks for putting me on the right track.

mark