Re: [Exim] Changing list separators

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: yann
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Changing list separators
On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 yann@??? wrote:

> Wouldn't that make the config files harder to read? If one user uses `:'
> another '_' and a third `£' in one config, then it will become a
> nightmare to manage.

Yes.

But if you have several people managing the same config, surely you can
lay down some standards? Personally, I would say "always use colon
unless there is some very good reason not to".

> I can see someone posting a config file with the following:
>
> reject_hots = foo.com \
>        <& bar.org & cats.com \
>        <^ bing.co.uk ^ hell.on.earth.org

> and then wondering why it doesn't work.

I don't think that is any worse than lots of other things people post. :-)
[See recent posts!]

> Besides, what's wrong with `:'?

Think IPv6 addresses. Think database queries that use colons in their
syntax (e.g. LDAP, NIS+).