Re: [Exim] HELO reject when reverse DNS lookup fails - trivi…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tom
A: Paul Sheer
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] HELO reject when reverse DNS lookup fails - trivial patc h and new c onf option suggested
On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Paul Sheer wrote:

> because addresses are dynamically assigned an I don't know the ranges
>
> that means a reverse lookup named file of 65536 entries
>
> -paul

Well, first of all, an empty file will at least give you a nice clean
fail, and won't refer the request to a root server! I'm sure the people
who run the root servers don't appreciate all the crap that sites like
yours must throw at them all day long.

Second, it is trivial to write a script to generate all possible ranges.

Third, you can use a wildcard in zone files.

Tom