Re: [Exim] HELO reject when reverse DNS lookup fails - trivi…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Paul Sheer, exim-users
Temas nuevos: Re: [Exim] HELO reject when reverse DNS lookup fails - trivial pat ch and new c onf option suggested
Asunto: Re: [Exim] HELO reject when reverse DNS lookup fails - trivial patch and new c onf option suggested
Reading from the spec document....
> Even if its address doesn't match `host_lookup', a sending host's real
> name is looked up from its IP address if the argument it provides for
> the HELO or EHLO command is the local host's own name, or the name of
> one of its local domains, which seems to be a fairly common
> misconfiguration.

Does this extra logic actually gain anything, and would we be better
dropping this special casing on DNS reverse lookups and just relying on
the `host_lookup' config variable.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]