Re: [Exim] Continuation lines

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Malcolm Beattie
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Continuation lines
Jim Knoble writes:
> Fine idea; you have my vote. Marc Haber's suggestion of a lint-like
> tool to point out possible problems in prior configs is a good one as
> well, or perhaps a conversion script such as comes with exim-3.x.
>
> Now all we have to do is figure out what to do with colon (`:')
> characters to avoid having to double them in lists of IPv6 addresses or
> of URLs. ;)

Off the top of my head, how about
    foo = "something;something else;and another" separator ;
or similar? The disadvantage is that it looks a bit ugly (you have to
look at the end to see what the separator is). The advantage is that it
ought to be completely backward compatible since presumably nothing has
ever looked passed the final quote before.

--Malcolm

--
Malcolm Beattie <mbeattie@???>
Unix Systems Programmer