Re: [Exim] Aliasfile director

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: robert rotman
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: David Robb, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Aliasfile director
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, David Robb wrote:
>
> > *@acme.com: mailbox@???
> >
> > This works ok, unless the mail coming in has multiple recipients in the
> > acme.com domain. In that case, it only puts one message in the pop
> > account. - I believe this is the way it's supposed to do things, but it
> > doesn't work well for companies who are POPping their whole domain of mail
> > out of one POP account and then using something like MDaemon to split it
> > at their end into internal POP account.
>
> That is indeed the way it is supposed to do things. It considers the two
> generated addresses to be duplicates. In pretty well all other cases
> this is the most useful thing to do. This idea of using a single mailbox
> for multiple addresses is not something the ever occurred to me (in my
> ivory tower... :-).

i think its a very usual way to avoid the etrn-stuff which is complicated
in administration on both sides - ISP and customer.
most of the "small-office-emailserver" can deal with splitting up a single
mailbox and many of our customers use this feature/bug.
i use a seperate mailserver (sendmail) for this.

> # Transport
> acme:
> driver = smtp
> hosts = <list of hosts for pop.ihug.co.nz>
>
> # Director
>
> acme:
> driver = smartuser
> transport = acme
> domains = acme.com
> new_address = mailbox@???

how big can the config file grow? ;)
i guess that the administration becomes difficult when you put
a hundrets of domains in the config file.

is ther no easier way?

robert

---
di. robert rotman                                   inode.graz
phone -> ++43-(0)316 811451          ++43-(0)316 811451 <- fax
rotman@???                      http://www.graz.inode.at/
--
this letter was written on recycled bytes used by deleted mail.