Re: [Exim] Aliasfile director

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: David Robb
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Aliasfile director
On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, David Robb wrote:

> *@acme.com: mailbox@???
>
> This works ok, unless the mail coming in has multiple recipients in the
> acme.com domain. In that case, it only puts one message in the pop
> account. - I believe this is the way it's supposed to do things, but it
> doesn't work well for companies who are POPping their whole domain of mail
> out of one POP account and then using something like MDaemon to split it
> at their end into internal POP account.

That is indeed the way it is supposed to do things. It considers the two
generated addresses to be duplicates. In pretty well all other cases
this is the most useful thing to do. This idea of using a single mailbox
for multiple addresses is not something the ever occurred to me (in my
ivory tower... :-).

The only solution is not to use aliasing to a new address that then gets
reprocessed. You have to direct each address straight to a transport.
For a single address you could do this:

# Transport
acme:
driver = smtp
hosts = <list of hosts for pop.ihug.co.nz>

# Director

acme:
driver = smartuser
transport = acme
domains = acme.com
new_address = mailbox@???

Assuming that the mailbox is off your box. For multiple hosts, you could
turn "domains" into a lookup, and then use $domain_data to pass a list
of hosts to the transport. This is definitely a hack, because of having
to screw in the hosts.

However, if the mailbox is actually on your host, then is isn't so much
of a hack. You just direct to a local transport (which of course doesn't
need a host list).