Re: [Exim] fsync and a subject for the wish list

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: michael
Cc: Nigel.Metheringham, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] fsync and a subject for the wish list
On 23 Feb 2000 michael@??? wrote:

> Hmm. I did not see any exim processes with a PPID of 1, but if both
> terminate quickly, I don't have to. Oh well.

Exhibit I:
----------

exim <address>
<message>
.

returns very quickly; the delivery process it forks carries on running.
Make <address> refer to a slow SMTP link and you'll see it.

Exhibit II:

Daemon forks a process to accept an incoming SMTP call. Once it has
received a message, it forks a delivery process. If the SMTP call then
ends, the delivery process continues to run.

Exhibit III:

A delivery process delivers to a remote host; it passes the SMTP channel
to a new process to deliver another message that is waiting for that
host. If it then finishes first, the new process continues to run.