Re: [Exim] variation on exim -bt

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] variation on exim -bt
On mar, fév 22, 2000 at 09:01:16 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > So, can I get exim -bt to only walk through aliases and ignore .forwards
> > (which having exim honor them during mail delivery)?
> > Or is there any other way I can get the primay unix login name linked to an
> > alias?
>
> Use -bv instead of -bt, and set no_verify on the forwardfile director.

Ok, I have this:
Userforward:
driver = forwardfile
file = .forward
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
# filter

oxygen:~# exim -bt marc
merlin@???
    <-- marc@???
  deliver to merlin in domain company.tld
  director = procmail, transport = procmail_pipe
oxygen:~# exim -bv marc
marc@??? verified

So -bv doesn't do what I want (it's verify, not expand)

> Use exim -C with a different configuration file that doesn't have a
> forwardfile director. (There may be a problem with privilege on this
> one, depending on what your configuration does.)

This works however.

Thanks,
Marc

Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key and other contact information