Re: [Exim] NO error mesage to sender after sending to nonexi…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Ian Southam
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] NO error mesage to sender after sending to nonexist@somedomain
On Feb 22, 2000 Ian Southam <exim@???> wrote:

> Except of course that are web people can be of two or three thousand
> depending upon the server ;-).

Ok. I am assuming that the scripts run as httpd or something like that
but that some files for the scripts are owned by the specific users. Then
do something like

sendmail -t -f $owner@???

for how you pass things to exim. Make sure that httpd is among the
"trusted" users in exim's configuration file. Basically, use the -f
option to exim to get errors to go to the right place.

> It aint that much of a hassle really it is just, that we try to make
> sure we never get bounces as, they are a big privacy issue. We have
> had bounces arranging illegal activity, trysts and on one occasion one
> of users (whom we have met), sending a picture of himself to a fellow
> swinger :- I'll leave that one to your imagination.

Unfortunately, I do know the problem.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814