[Exim] Re: several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Kettlewell
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: Exim
Asunto: [Exim] Re: several messages
Philip Hazel writes:
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>> As for the original problem, would just killing the TZ environment
>> variable (or overriding it from one in the config file) be
>> sufficient?
>
> I don't know. This is one of those things that needs to be tested on
> different OS. Once we are back on summer time I can try
> putenv("TZ=") and see if it works on our hosts. (On Solaris TZ gets
> set by default; I don't know if killing it reverts to GMT or to
> local time. While they are the same, I can't test!) Some OS have
> unsetenv() which might work. It's another of those "no two Unixes
> are the same" phenomena, it seems.

On a SunOS 5.6 system here, experimentation shows that an unset or
null TZ causes date(1) to look in /etc/default/init (which is a
symlink to /etc/TIMEZONE) for the TZ= line.

(Assuming date(1) just uses the standard Libc time handling routines)
the conclusion has to be that killing TZ is not sufficient.

ttfn/rjk