[Exim] Re: several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nigel Metheringham, Richard Kettlewell
Cc: Exim
Temas antiguos: Re: [Exim] TZ logging buglet
Asunto: [Exim] Re: several messages
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> As for the original problem, would just killing the TZ environment
> variable (or overriding it from one in the config file) be sufficient?

I don't know. This is one of those things that needs to be tested on
different OS. Once we are back on summer time I can try putenv("TZ=")
and see if it works on our hosts. (On Solaris TZ gets set by default; I
don't know if killing it reverts to GMT or to local time. While they are
the same, I can't test!) Some OS have unsetenv() which might work. It's
another of those "no two Unixes are the same" phenomena, it seems.

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Richard Kettlewell wrote:

> I think that argues for the behaviour of Exim in this area being
> configurable, probably defaulting to local time.

I am coming to that conclusion myself. Defaulting to local time is also
indicated for backwards compatibility.