Re: [Exim] exim hangs on too many mails...

Author: robert rotman
To: John Henders
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim hangs on too many mails...
On 12 Feb 2000, John Henders wrote:

> >> but you told me to do so ;-)
> >> (http://www.egroups.com/group/exim-users/10024.html)
>
> >Oops. Well, we all make mistakes... :-)
>
> >If your database is on the same host, and runs quickly, and you don't
> >have too much mail, I guess that is in fact OK, but personally I just
> >wouldn't want to risk it.
>
> Using the fact that the MX points to the local host and fail = soft can
> avoid these expensive lookups completely.

i know..
but that is very dangerous and insecure.
it is also written in the doc's.

robert

---
di. robert rotman                                   inode.graz
phone -> ++43-(0)316 811451          ++43-(0)316 811451 <- fax
rotman@???                      http://www.graz.inode.at/
--
this letter was written on recycled bytes used by deleted mail.