Re: [Exim] exim hangs on too many mails...

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: robert rotman
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] exim hangs on too many mails...
On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, robert rotman wrote:

> > > i have this in my "local_domains":
> > > localhost:mysql;select domain from mail where domain='$key'
> >
> > I don't think that is a very sensible kind of configuration. The manual
> > has this to say:
> >

> but you told me to do so ;-)
> (http://www.egroups.com/group/exim-users/10024.html)

Oops. Well, we all make mistakes... :-)

If your database is on the same host, and runs quickly, and you don't
have too much mail, I guess that is in fact OK, but personally I just
wouldn't want to risk it.

> somthing like:
> local_domains = partial-dbm;/list/of/domains?

Yes. Note that cdb gives a noticeable improvement over DBM if you have
lots of these domains.

> but in my case this would be non redundant and another piont of an
> possible error when generating this file aout of the database.

You have to weigh up the disadvantages of both approaches. :-)

> does it make sense to do somthing like this:
>
> local_domains = partial-dbm;/list/of/domains/generated_by_database_trigger
>               : partial-dbm;/list/of/domains/backup

Maybe. Or even

local_domains = "partial-dbm;/list/of/domains/generated_by_database_trigger :\
                 partial-dbm;/list/of/domains/backup :\
                 mysql; select ..... "

However, that wastes a lot of resources for non-local domains. So if you
have much mail going out from your system, it is going to be costly,
because Exim checks every address it handles for being local or not.