[Exim] exim and chroot

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Paul Monaghan
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] exim and chroot
I"m setting up a chrooted environment for a client's webhosting needs. In
the chroot I have to put exim so that various CGI can send out forms etc.
I've got exim installed and more or less running within my chroot aside
from a locking issue. When ever I test exim from within the chroot I get
the following error:

# echo "TEST IT" |/usr/bin/mail paulm@???
2000-02-09 12:30:52 12Iax2-0004on-00 Cannot lock
/var/opt/mail/spool/input//12Iax2-0004on-00-D

My chroot is entirely on NFS (Netapp F760) on a cluster of HPUX web
servers. Each web server mounts the chroot envionment and all CGI get
executed from the chroot. The above test was done by simply calling the
chroot command and issuing the above commands from the command line. Is
it possible to get the above to work or am I wasting my time? I simply
need exim to send out, it will never, obviously, do delivery on these
servers.

Any help would REALLY REALLY be nice as I am completly at a loss.

Thanks.

Paul
---
PM1819 | paulm@???