Re: [Exim] exim hangs on too many mails...

Author: robert rotman
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim hangs on too many mails...

On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, robert rotman wrote:
>
> > i have this in my "local_domains":
> > localhost:mysql;select domain from mail where domain='$key'
>
> I don't think that is a very sensible kind of configuration. The manual
> has this to say:

but you told me to do so ;-)
(http://www.egroups.com/group/exim-users/10024.html)

> If you really have to keep your primary list in a database, I suggest
> you invent some scheme whereby you can generate a file with a faster
> access method for Exim to use when it is running. For example, a cdb
> file.

somthing like:
local_domains = partial-dbm;/list/of/domains?

but in my case this would be non redundant and another piont of an
possible error when generating this file aout of the database.

there is also a web interface where administrators set up these virtual
domains but they have no access to the machine directly.

generating such a file would cause many problems....

does it make sense to do somthing like this:

local_domains = partial-dbm;/list/of/domains/generated_by_database_trigger
              : partial-dbm;/list/of/domains/backup

robert