Re: [Exim] SMTP to a dynamically allocated IP?

Author: Ian Southam
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP to a dynamically allocated IP?
On Wed, Feb 09, 2000 at 10:45:59AM +0000 Nigel Metheringham wrote :

> Personally I would do this by putting the mail through a pop box and
> pulling the whole set across and resplitting.

Some gotchas in this method though - particularly with mailing lists.
Anybody who wants to try this should be particularly careful with locally
hosted mailing lists, make sure they don't set the envelope to
blah-blah-outgoing or M$Exchange may well start bouncing mail to you list
which you list then reposts and Exchange rebounces .....

The best way is surely to just give the user a static IP and charge them for
it or perhaps, to do some sort of BSMTP solution and a bit of script magic
with the etrn command.

--
Ian